Virtual Commencement Rehearsal
Friday, May 25, FC Sherbeck Field, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Graduate Arrival Time & Location:
- Graduates, please be dressed appropriately under your FC cap and gown, have your student I.D. card and your reader card with you. If you went through the appropriate steps to participate in Commencement, you would have purchased your cap and gown at Student Activities if you were approved by Admissions & Records, and you would have been given your official reader card. This card serves two purposes: (1) This is the card that you hand to the faculty reader who will read your name as your cross the stage; (2) This card will be given to Grad Images, the official Commencement photography company who will be taking your photos on the day of Commencement. If you also went through the appropriate process, you were given a special parking memo by Campus Safety.
- PTK, AGS, LEX, Veterans and Students of Distinction line up at the Quad in front of the 400 Bldg.
- All other graduates line up on the street between the 1400 Bldg. and the FC baseball field in two lines. Classified Marshals will be on hand to make sure the lines are even.
- No caps and gowns or reader cards will be distributed on the morning of Commencement. Last day to pick up cap and gown and reader card is May 25th at the Student Center before 5:00 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- If you have not filled out the official cap and gown order form and have gone through the Commencement participation process at the Office of Student Activities, given a reader card–you do not have a seat at Commencement. Students may try to borrow a cap and gown from previous years and attempt to walk at Commencement. You will not be allowed to participate if you have not gone through the process at Student Activities.
More Important Reminders!
- Sherbeck Field will be open to the public for Commencement at 8:00 am.
- Please tell your families to dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes because of the bleacher seating.
- No one will be allowed underneath the bleachers.
- No one will be allowed to take photos on the field for the entire duration of Commencement including the processional and recessional.
- No selfie sticks, silly string, loud horns, beach balls, and absolutely NO DRONES allowed!
- Balloons are discouraged unless seating is found on the edge, as not to block other guests’ view.
- All graduates must remain in their seats during the entire ceremony. Graduates are not allowed to leave the Commencement ceremony early.
- In order to ensure pedestrian safety, Student Parking Lot 6 and Staff Lot B will be blocked off for the Commencement Processional and Recessional.
- Graduate and visitor parking for the Commencement Ceremony will be available in all Student Parking Lots, Staff Lot 3 just west of Sherbeck Field/Track, and the FC Parking Structure on the corner of Lemon Street and Fullerton College Drive.
- Handicapped Parking for graduates and visitors will be available in Student Lot 4 west of Sherbeck Field/Track and the 1700 bldg.
- All of Staff Parking Lot A and Staff Lot 8 will be blocked off and reserved all day for VIP Guests.
- Staff are encouraged to park in Staff Lots C East, C West, B2 East, and Lot E.
Saturday, May 26 at Staff Parking Lot B, from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m.
Check-in at the canopies that will be located between the 1400 and 1200 building at Staff Parking Lot B. Bring your reader card, your student I.D., and be dressed in cap and gown. Arrive early! No late graduates will be accepted once the processional has begun.
Saturday, May 26 Between 1400 Building and Baseball Field from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m.
On the day of Commencement, be dressed in cap and gown, check in first at canopies (by last name) at Staff Parking Lot B (in between 1200 and 1400 Buildings) to receive your “photographer’s card.” Line up at the street in between the 1400 Building and the Baseball Field between the hours of 8:00-9:30 am. The Processional March will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.
Instructions for Students | Instructions for Faculty & Administration
For safety and comfort, please wear comfortable shoes due to the walking distance of the processional march and to help us protect the turf on Sherbeck Field. No stilettos or high heel shoes.
Saturday, May 26 at FC Sherbeck Field, 9:00 a.m. Processional March | 9:30 a.m Stage Ceremony
At the Commencement ceremony, graduates will present a ‘photographer’s card’ with the graduate’s name in large block letters to the Faculty Reader who will announce the name while the graduate walks across the platform. Gates open at 8:00 a.m. for parents and friends. There are no limits on seats.
The stream will begin at 9 a.m. and will be played through the Fullerton College Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fullertoncollege. The video will remain on Facebook at the completion of the event and we’ll post it on www.youtube.com/fullertoncollege1913 at a later date.
Commencement Ceremony Gifts
The Associated Students will provide participating graduates a gold embossed Fullerton College Diploma Cover (one per graduate) to be presented by one of the prestigious dignitaries upon approaching the platform.
Fullerton College Bookstore: Gifts and Fullerton College gear will be available for purchase outside of Sherbeck Field (west end) near the entrance from 8:30 am-12:30 pm. Prices range from $10 to $40.
Flowers: Bouquets, corsages, and flower leis for graduates will be available for purchase from Commencement Flowers outside of Sherbeck Field (west end) near the entrance from 8:30 am-12:30 pm. Prices range from $10 to $40.
College Center Courtyard, following the Ceremony
A reception with refreshments, light appetizers and live entertainment in honor of the graduates. Sponsored by Associated Students and the Office of Student Activities.